If you believe in a diet and health-conscious fad world and follow a balanced eating lifestyle, antioxidants might not be an alien word to you.
Antioxidants are natural compounds present in food, mainly fruits, and vegetables, and play a major role in-
- Preventing free radical damage to the body
- Reducing inflammation
- Protection against chronic health diseases
- Preventing oxidative stress or damage to cells
With the right amount of fruits and vegetables decked up for your escape, an antioxidant-rich diet can be your total savior.
If you are tired enough to just have bites in your diet, here is your option to sip it out. Antioxidant drinks are one of the best additions (& options for lazy lads) to a healthy diet.
With a boost of hydration and instant energy and richness of antioxidants, antioxidant drinks are tasty and healthy alternatives to level up the antioxidants in your body.
The 5 Best Antioxidant drinks
- Honey, lemon, and ginger tea
- Beet Juice
- Turmeric and Cinnamon detox water
- Almond and spinach smoothie
Honey, lemon, and ginger tea
Honey, lemon, and ginger- these three ingredients when coming together, form a power-packed, antioxidant-rich immunity booster.
Honey, lemon, and ginger tea is a form of herbal tea that has the goodness of Vitamin C, potassium, and antioxidants.
The antioxidants present in the tea prevent the free radical damage and make it a perfect detoxifier with anti-inflammatory properties as well.
Here is a quick ‘how to make’ –
- 3 cups Water
- 1 tsp Ginger, finely chopped
- 1 tsp Tea leaves
- 1 tsp Lemon juice
- 1 tsp Honey
How to Make
- Heat 3 cups of water in a pan.
- Add ginger before the water starts boiling
- Upon boiling, add tea leaves, lemon juice, and honey.
- Strain it into a cup and start a healthy day!
If you have watched The Office, explaining the importance of beets juice wouldn’t be rocket science, the Schrute supremacy already did it!
Beets are one of the best choices for preparing an antioxidant drink. It contains betalains which are a form of phenolic compounds helping in lowering blood pressure, reducing inflammation, and decreasing cancer cells.
Beet juice is what comes second on the list of our favorite top 5 antioxidant drinks. It is also super easy to prepare.
With loads of fiber and a good amount of potassium, beet juice supplementation must be a part of your healthy diet routine, and in the end, it will be all “Perfectenschlag” for you.
Here is how you can make your own beet juice in just 5 minutes-
- Rinse beets and any other fruit or vegetable you’re using (if) thoroughly under running water.
- Peel and chop the beets and other veggies or fruits into 1-inch pieces
- Transfer to a blender jar and add 1 cup of water
- Blend smooth.
- Use a strainer to strain the juice out and add 1 tsp lemon juice to it.
- Serve fresh.
Kahwa is basically a winter beverage and is also called Kashmiri tea, owing to its foundations in Kashmir.
Kahwa is very similar to the already renowned green tea and is a rich source of spices which itself is an answer to the great benefits of antioxidants it poses.
Two of the most important beverages added which prepare a perfect Kahwa are saffron (Kesar) and almonds.
These ingredients bring out the real Kashmiri essence into the drink. Sugar is a no-no in Kahwa, another reason why you should include it in your diet.
Kahwa is an antioxidant drink for glowing skin as well. It also keeps your hair shiny and healthy. Moreover, it aids in digestion, good immunity, relieving stress, and treating insomnia.
Kahwa is a natural source of many essential nutrients and you can make it easily at your home with the help of the following steps-
- 2 nos green tea bags
- 3 tbsp almond slivers
- 2 nos Cardamom
- 1 stick Cinnamon
- 2 cloves
- 4 tsp Honey
- 8 strands of Kesar
How to Make
- Boil 5 cups of water and add cardamom, cloves, cinnamon, and Kesar to the boiling water.
- Now add green tea bags and honey (optional).
- Remove from fire and allow the tea bags to infuse for 2-3 minutes
- Immediately remove the tea bags and the spices and pour the ready Kahwa into cups.
- Add almond slivers from the top and serve hot.
Turmeric and Cinnamon detox water
Turmeric and Cinnamon detox water is a must-add in your diet, not only for the anti-oxidants but also for good digestion and a quick immunity booster.
Turmeric in itself is an antioxidant and has anti-inflammatory and antiseptic properties and is probably the best ‘ grandma’s magic ingredient’ for warding off cough and cold.
Cinnamon holds its goodness in being anti-diabetic and is perfect for fighting off infections and free radicals.
With these two combined, you can experience literal health wonders! Turmeric and cinnamon detox water is an absolute win for your skin.
Planning on making a detox drink? Find Out What Skin Detox Drinks Are More Beneficial?
This detox water also improves iron absorption in the body thus helping in immunity boosting. Here is how you can prepare your turmeric and cinnamon detox water-
- 1/4th tsp turmeric powder (Haldi)
- 1/4th tsp cinnamon powder (Dalchini)
- ½ tsp lemon juice
How to make-
- Take 1 cup of water in a pan and let it boil for 2-3 minutes.
- Now add turmeric powder and heat for a minute more. Stir well.
- Now add cinnamon powder, mix well and turn off the flame.
- Let the water cool down for a bit and add lemon juice into it.
- Serve immediately.
Almond and spinach smoothie
Well, a smoothie definitely makes every boring vegetable interesting! Take spinach for instance. And it can also turn out to be a healthy antioxidant drink for you!
Almond and spinach smoothie is a full house for you in terms of antioxidant capacity.
Rich in omega 3 fatty acids and fiber, this smoothie is very beneficial for your brain and heart. Also, the satiety levels are quite satisfactory since smoothies are known for their fullness quotient,
Additionally, it is a good source of iron, magnesium, potassium, folate, thiamine, vitamin K, and beta carotene.
Read how you can make almond and spinach smoothies smoothly at your home-
- 200 ml milk ( 1 glass)
- 12-18 whole raw almonds
- 8-10 fresh spinach leaves
- A pinch of cardamom, cinnamon, cloves, nutmeg, and crushed black peppercorns
All you need to do is combine all the ingredients in a blender and blend smoothly. Your smoothie is ready to go!
While we have gone through the best and healthiest antioxidant drinks you can sip on, the antioxidant side effects are also there which include a reduced exercise performance, risk of cancer, and birth defects.
Such downsides happen if you rely more on antioxidant supplements rather than their natural sources which are through food, and also if you consume them in excess amounts. So, make sure that THE KEY IS MODERATION.